Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 4: Vocal Land

Hey Kids!
Today went super well. We met our goal of finishing 3 songs and started the programming. We finished the songs "Ironic," "Wish I Could," and "I Know." Tomorrow we start work on the last two! You know, it's crazy. For as much singing as I did, my voice didn't feel too tired after. It was, but I still had a voice. I'm pretty happy about that. It's so crazy, cuz I sing right into this big black circular cover and the mic is behind it. At first, it's kinda nerve-wrecking, but once you get used to it, it's not too bad. I think the thing that's the most hard is having to hear yourself. I'm super analytical and critical, so I always want to change things. Also it's difficult because my forte is opera style singing. While I've been trained nearly all my life in opera, I've had no real formal training in pop style. Pop is a whole different realm for me. I love it though. I love it a lot, bu it's hard to analyze with no real basis except for don't.sing.flat. I'm very thankful for Jordan (producer) and Justin (soundmixer) because they have great ears and give great advice. I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll have some samples up for you.

It was fun today because I had two really good friends sit in and listen. I really enjoyed having them there and their opinions. They are both very dear to me.

So, basically the plan goes like this tomorrow: finish all vocals, finish background vocals, and finish programming. Seems like a near impossible task. I know, but we CAN do it!!! Tomorrow is the last day and I'm very sad. :-( But, what that does mean is now I can start applying for gigs and get a press kit together. The only missing part of the puzzle is getting the artwork done and then I'll be sending the EP to get pressed. In English, "pressed" is when you get copies of the CD, get the booklet together, and the jewel CD case. Basically, all the stuff that makes an album or record feel like a real record. You know? I'll be releasing it digitally, like on iTunes, Amazon, etc. That release date, pretty sure, is going to be on Valentine's Day.

I can't believe it's all coming together finally. Please tell your friends about SirenSinging and like I said, I will be releasing the EP free for the first two months. I will also be pre-releasing some things as well...also for free. So..stay tuned!!!! And overall, the more people who know, the better.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Love Always,
SirenSinging

No comments:

Post a Comment