Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fading Fast

Hello peeps. New song I finished tonight. I'm not even entirely sure what it's about...I just kind of wrote and these are the lyrics I came up with naturally.
Feel free to interpret them the way you want.
FYI: KuppaJoe is a week from tomorrow AND I should be getting the physical EP's in the mail tomorrow!!! So excited!!!

Fading Fast

Everything all looks the same.
I'm just a player in the game.
If you look closely, then you will see
Nothing is quite as it seems.
Welcome to this strange bazaar.
From reality, we are far.
If you look closely, then you can see:
Nothing is quite as it seems.

We're fading fast.
We won't last.
We will never
Come back, ever.

I am just learning to breathe.
Though my bones continue to seethe,
Everything I thought, I strangely mistook.
And deserves a second look.
Wake up & smell this air,
I wish that I truly cared.
But when every shadow is smiling at me,
How can I find my well-being?

Heaven, sing me to sleep.
Heaven, sing me to sleep.
Heaven, sing over me.
Sing over those oceans deep.

It's fading fast.
It won't last.
I will never,
Come back, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment