Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pre-Production: Day 2

Hey guys!!!
So, today was the 2nd day of pre-production and it went wonderful. Today my producer, Jordan Feliz, brough the studio band with him which included a guitarist, Sam, & the drummer, Tyler.  All quirky, crazy, and way talented musicians. We managed to get through all of the songs for the EP today and get most of the drum parts down. It was such a blast not only to be finishing up, but to be working with such great people.  The drummer was awesome. I'm so encouraged to know that I'm not the only music geek with a broad knowledge of all the rock/pop/folk artists out there.  We have one more day of pre-production (this Monday) and then we're homefree and recording in December. :)   So, I have a special Thanksgiving treat for you all. I'll explain!
Whenever we do a session, I record the whole thing on my computer so I won't forget anything. So, basically I have a bunch of raw takes on almost all of the songs now and I've been editing them down so you guys can hear some clips of the songs! I don't want to show you too much because I want it to be a surprise when it all comes out.  I probably won't post anything for maybe a couple days....but I will be for sure so you can hear some stuff. If you want a really good, free audio editor that works pretty good & is easy to use, try out WavePad.  This is the program I'm using to edit the audio samples from the pre-pro sessions.

I'm so excited to share it with you and I hope you all enjoy it!
I'm gonna head to bed cuz I'm sleepy. *yawn.*
Have a goodnight!!!
Love always,
SirenSinging<3

No comments:

Post a Comment