Thursday, January 13, 2011

EP

Hey dudes!
Long time no talk!
Unfortunately, I haven't got too many bites on the gig front...but it's only been like 3 days. However, I definitely know that people have been checking out all the sites SirenSinging has because according to my stats on ReverbNation (best site ever!!!!), I'm moving up in rank on the local Fresno charts to a whopping #11!!! Now, I feel like that's something to be proud of. *Takes a bow* BUT! This is only possible because of you all and your support, so I thank you all dearly from the bottom of my heart!
Not too much to report tonight Except! I will probably get a final cut of the EP tonight in about an hour! Way cool, I know. I'm pretty stoked. I can't wait to share it with you all. I also talked to my artist about the artwork for the CD and it's coming along. I'll have some preliminary sketches tomorrow sometime. Unfortunately, I'm not going to show you all those until the week of release....but maybe I'll show you the drafts we didn't use.
The next step in the band promotion process, at least for me, is getting my music pressed...meaning getting the music on a prettily designed CD and getting a CD case with a cool CD booklet with credits/thank you's and all that good stuff. Then, I'm thinking about sending it out to some smaller labels, maybe some bigger ones. We'll see.

That's pretty much it.
On another like musical side note that has nothing to do with SirenSinigng, I'm totally digging Avril Lavigne's new single "What the Hell." Seriously. Like...it's on serious rotation right now. I feel bad because the new stupid Britney Spear's single will probably overshadow it. :-/ I have nothing against Brit-Brit, but Avril's always had a special place in my heart. I think I just seriously  like me some angry chick music (Lily & Kate). Also, I discovered 3 new bands that I'm in love with: Coeur de Pirate, Los Campesino's, and The Tallest Man on Earth.  I feel very multicultural because 2 of these have foreign names, but only 1 speaks in a different language. But, if you were looking for some new good sounds or just bored with your typical musical regime, I thought I'd provide some good stuff for you!

I'll talk to you later friends!
Love Always,
SirenSinging<3

No comments:

Post a Comment