Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Song: "Blessings"

Hey guys!
I wrote this new song called "Blessings." I wrote it in response to the pain and suffering I see in the world and also in response to my emotional struggles.
Here are the lyrics:

"Blessings"
Bless you, bless you children, all you lonely ones.
Bless you, bless you children, all the ones they shunned
I know the pain, I know the shame
Bless you, bless you children who have fall'n from grace
Bless you, bless you children who don't know your place
I know it feels like no one cares. This burden is far too much to bear.

I know what it's like. I know what you'll find.
I see it in your eyes. It kills you every night.
That fear is a part of you; it's taking over you.
It's taking your heart. It's tearing you apart.

Bless you, bless you sisters who have been disgraced.
Bless you, bless you sisters who have been defaced.
I know your pain and I know your shame.
Bless you, bless you brothers for your sacrifice
Bless you, bless you brothers who have paid the price.
I know it feels like no one care. This burden is far too much to bear.

O, let it show.
Let the the tears flow.
It's healing you need
It will set you free.
O, let it go.
Let's the tears roll.
It's healing you need
To be set free.


I know what it's like. I know what you'll find. 
I see it in your eyes; it kills you every night.
That fear is a part of you; it's taking over you.
It's taking your heart. It's tearing you apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment