Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Manifesto

Hey kids!!!
Not too much to report EXCEPT new song lyrics. I was sitting over a drink with a good friend of mine, talking government, humanity, history, etc..and I was inspired to write this. It's kind of reflecting on all of the things we talked about and the things I was thinking and feeling at the time. There is a point to this song....but I think I'll let you have your opinion first before I say anything.
This song is called "The Manifesto."

"The Manifesto"

"The Manifesto"
What if I told you everything I was thinking?
Something about you keeps me from speaking.
From what I know, I can't take this much more.
What if I told you that we're really crazy?
What if I told you the future's really hazy? 
All that I know, keeps making me want more.

Well they say that I'm free.
If that's true, let me be. 
They set the stage for the show
But I won't go.
I can't go.

Then you continue to tell me what you're thinking
I start to read you and won't find what I'm seeking.
All that I know is, I'm ready to go.
All that I know is I won't go with the flow.
And for all that I know, the past is a shadow.

What's shining is the manifesto.
All the things we have felt--we have outgrown.
All the lies that we buy--we already know.
Yet I'm still here
Was it all just a game in the ending?
We'll get used and abused by the ending.
What the hell? I can't tell.
What's the ending?But I'm still here.
I'm waiting here. 

So what if I told you everything but the truth?And I didn't tell you that everything fell through?
Cuz from what I know, they're running this show. 
What if I told you everything you wanted?
What if I told you, these words can't be trusted?
All that I know, keeps making me want more.

Well he says that I'm free.
If that's true, let me be. 
He'll set the stage for the show
Yet I'll still go
Cuz I can't let go.

And though I'm sweetly smiling, I am slowly dying.
And though I'm slowly dying, I cannot help but trying
All that I know is, I'll never get the go.
With all that I know, the feelings never show.
And for all I know, we're living in the afterglow.

What shining is the manifesto.
All the things that we felt-- we have outgrown.
All the lies that we buy--we already know.
Yet I'm still here
Was it all just a game in the ending?
We'll get used and abused by the ending.
What the hell- I can't tell.

What's the ending?
But I'm still here.
I'm waiting here.

Why yes, dear friends, I sought the light
I'm thinking that I'll be alright
Once I've gone out and fought this fight
And figure out what's wrong from right.
So keep on telling me these stories
One day get the allegory
And escape this purgatory.
But I cannot help but thinking,
While I sit here slowly sinking,
And as you continue drinking
That we're wrong.

Well if I say that I'm free,
I am free, free indeed. 
Let me set the stage for their show:
For their crude manifesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment